Miscellaneous - Front Office Assistant
Be a part of creating a welcoming environment to guests of The Salvation Army!
The Front Office Assistant will perform office tasks supporting a variety of programs at Evanston Corps. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Answering the phone and transferring calls as needed
- Assisting those entering our facility
- Screening potential social service applicants
- Helping prospective volunteers with applications
- Other office duties as needed
A Front Office volunteer is needed for approximately 10 hours a week, but fewer is still a big help! Volunteer hours are available Monday-Friday from 10:00 to 3:00.
- 18 years or older
- Reliable, professional and hard working
- Ability to show kindness and compassion to everyone
- Pass initial screening process, including a background check
- Bilingual abilities are a plus
Alcohol, drugs, and smoking are not permitted at any Salvation Army facilities or volunteer sites.
Pants/shorts and a shirt with sleeves must cover the waist and fit comfortably. Transparent and tight-fitting clothes are not permitted. For your safety, closed toe shoes are required.
For your safety and the safety of others, you need to bring and wear a personal face covering over your nose and mouth while volunteering. You will also complete a brief health screening prior to volunteering.
Off-street parking is available.
If this volunteer opportunity seems like a match for your experience, skills, and interests, please click + Sign Up below, or the Fill in an Application button.
For additional questions, please contact Captain Christina Champlin at Christina.Tamayo@usc.salvationarmy.org or Lieutenant Macy Theriot at Macy.Theriot@usc.salvationarmy.org.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with The Salvation Army!
- Background Check
- What age category do you belong? Must be at least 18 or older