State Fair Volunteers - Wildlife Wing Interpreter
Provide natural resource interpretation to the public in the Wildlife Wing of the DNR building at the Minnesota State Fair.
- Authorized work:
- Provide interpretation of the mounted animals and other features to the public
- Answer questions from the public and provide general directions at the fair
Represent the DNR in a positive fashion
- Avoid expressing personal opinions.
You are not expected to be knowledgeable in all areas concerning the DNR. All questions related to DNR policies and procedures are to be referred to DNR staff located outside the State Fair DNR building or to the DNR Information Line at 1-888-646-6367 or (651) 296-6157 (Twin Cities only).
- Interested in animals and able to communicate with the public verbally.
- Physically able to stand or sit in a non-air conditioned area.
Master Naturalist certification or natural resources related degree is preferred.
- At least one 3-hour shift during the MN State Fair
Volunteers may sign up for more than one shift.
- Training is not provided because all animal mounts are set up immediately before the fair opens, but an animal list is available upon request.
Binder/field guides with animal information are also available for reference at the site.
State Fair Safety Training
- All volunteers must complete an online safety training quiz to be eligible to work at the Minnesota State Fair.
- Please go to the DNR State Fair Safety Training page for instructions.
- Are you an active Minnesota Master Naturalist? Must be at least Yes
- What age category do you belong to? Must be at least Adult - 18 years of age or older
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - All Day
- Tuesday - All Day
- Wednesday - All Day
- Thursday - All Day
- Friday - All Day
- Saturday - All Day
- Sunday - All Day