Gate Counters for Taste of Edmonton
· There are 8 gates on site. When you arrive for your shift you will be assigned your gate by the Team Lead
· You will be given a counter clicker to keep track of people exiting or entering the site
· You will need to familiarize yourself with the site. When people ask for assistance on where the washrooms/bank machine, etc. are you can point out the different areas.
· Any issues or concerns are to be handled by the Team Lead and they are to be contacted immediately
·If you are unable to volunteer for your shift, we ask that you contact your Team Lead a minimum of 48 hrs before your shift
· Each shift you complete you will get 4 tickets to Taste of Edmonton to get something to eat after your shift, a T shirt to wear on your shifts, a snack voucher and their is free volunteer parking.
THESE ARE OUTDOOR POSITIONS - You may be working in high temperatures, rain, snow, wind etc, however you will be covered by an open tent. This event and the volunteer shifts will continue during the various weather conditions; unless called off by Event Organizers for sever weather. We ask that you not assume forecasted bad weather will cancel the event. This call will be made by Event Organizers.
THIS IS A STANDING and/or SITTING POSITION
BREAKS - You will get a minimum of one rest break for your shift, the Team Lead will replace you during your break.
WE WOULD LIKE VOLUNTEERS TO SIGN UP FOR A MINIMUM OF TWO SHIFTS IF POSSIBLE. Shifts are between 4.5 - 5 hours
We ask you to wear comfortable clothing and even layers as we all know Alberta weather can fluctuate. You will receive a Taste of Edmonton T-shirt to wear during your shift(s). Please wear comfortable standing shoes, bring your own water bottle, umbrella / raincoat). There will be NO LOCKERS available to store purses, bags, etc.
We ask you to notify your Team Lead immediately if you cannot make a shift. Please try and give them a minimum of 48 hours notice, so that they can find a replacement. The Christmas Bureau will be charged $100 for each volunteer who misses their shift.
Promotion of the spirit of Christmas caring and sharing in the City of Edmonton
To provide a festive meal and coordination of Christmas giving to Edmontonians in need.
It is greater than one meal. One act of kindness can impact someone for a lifetime.