Angel Tree (Christmas toy distribution)
This program strives to make Christmas memorable for children and families throughout Miami-Dade County. Anonymous donors adopt these little “angels” in an expanding Christmas tradition that makes the season brighter for both the gift giver and receiver. You can become a corporate sponsor by providing new, unwrapped gifts, monetary support or by putting an “Angel Tree” in your corporate office. As well as becoming an Angel Tree volunteer by signing up for the opportunities listed below.
- Registration- assist with inputting family registration information into a computer program. Angel Tree is our Christmas toy distribution program.
- Toy center set up- assist with setting up tables, family bags, adding stickers to family bags, and adding family tags on tables.
- Processing- ensuring donated toys are new and age appropriate before adding them to family bags.
- Distribution- assist with distribution of toy bags to families and assist with putting toy bags in families cars.
- Bell Ringing
- Income from our Red kettles supports our seasonal activities as well as other programs that benefit struggling individuals and families. Businesses, churches, civic clubs, schools, families, friends and individuals can sign up to ring at one of our kettle locations. There are many 2-hour, half-day, full-day and full week slots available. Sign up early to get your preferred location and dates!
- Christmas drivers
- Volunteers with a clean driving record needed Monday through Saturday for pickup and delivery of items that assists the success of the delivery of the Christmas Programs. You must be able to lift, carry, load and unload at least 50 lbs.
- Christmas drivers Assistance
- Volunteers are needed Monday through Saturday to assist the driver with pickup and delivery of items that contributes to the success of the delivery of the Christmas Programs. You must be able to lift, carry, load and unload at least 50 lbs.