Elections - 2018 Municipal Election - Voting Day Assistant (Oct. 22)
We are looking for dynamic, vibrant, tech-savvy and customer service-oriented individuals to volunteer as part of our Election Team on the Municipal Voting Day: October 22, from 4.30 pm - 9.30 pm.
Locations will be at one of the 12 Voter Assistance Centres, in the Markham area. You will need to provide your own transportation to the location.
Please sign up by Sept. 28.
- Direct voters to online voting stations at Voter Assistance Centre, Public Access Computers at library branch or show them how to vote on their mobile device
- Provide one-on-one demonstrations of the demo ballot to eligible voters
- Assisting eligible voters in completing the online voter survey
- Hand out promotional material
- Other duties as needed
- You have the ability to establish and maintain effective, positive relationships
- You are known for your strong ability to build rapport, establish trust and confidence and work collaboratively with diverse teams.
Ability to speak one of the following additional languages considered an asset: French, Tamil, Cantonese, Mandarin, Persian, Urdu and/or Punjabi.
City of Markham
T: 905.477.7000 x2089
- Age Must be at least 14 or 15 years old
- General Orientation Workshop Must be Yes
- Interview Must be at least Program & Event Assistant
- Police Check (VSC) Must be Yes