Food Pantry - Food Pantry Assistant
- Intake, as clients line up in our foyer they are asked for basic information to be added to an intake form
- Packing food boxes according to the size of household, and placing them on carts
- Taking carts filled with food boxes to be placed outside of rear door fort clients to load in their vehicles
- Collecting the carts outside, bringing them into the building to sanitize and reuse
- Restocking the shelves of the Food Pantry
- Assisting with storing the food being delivered by the Food Bank and other vendors.
Our Choice Food Pantry hours are Wednesday & Friday from 9:00 am- 12:00 pm and Thursday 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm. Sign up for one or multiple shifts per week.
- 18 years or older
- Must enjoy working with people from diverse backgrounds
- Possess effective communication abilities
- Friendly personality and smile
- Must be able to comfortably lift cases of food (30+lbs)
- Reliable, professional and friendly
- Pass initial screening process
- Bilingual abilities are a plus
Alcohol, drugs and smoking are not permitted at any Salvation Army Facilities or volunteer sites
Pants and shirts must cover the waistband. Flip flops, shorts, tank tops, undershirts, or halter tops, sleeveless shirts, crop tops, spaghetti straps and strapless tops are not permitted. Shoes must be closed toe. Transparent, tight or form fitting clothes are not permitted.
*Off Street Parking is available*
If this volunteer opportunity seems like a match for your experience, skills, and interests, please complete the online application by clicking the “Sign Up” button.
For additional questions please contact Linda Dove at firstname.lastname@example.org or 219-838-0380 Ext. 3003
Thank you again for your interest in volunteering with The Salvation Army!
- Background Check
- How much can you lift comfortably? Must be at least 30 lbs.
- What age category do you belong? Must be at least 18 or older