Be a part of creating a welcoming environment to guests of The Salvation Army!
The Office Assistant will perform office tasks supporting a variety of programs at Hammond-Munster. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Answering the phone and transferring calls as needed
- Making copies and preparing mailings
- Filing paperwork
- Other administrative duties as needed
Office Assistant volunteers are needed for the below shifts. Sign up to help on one or multiple days per week. Shifts on Monday or Wednesday could be partial shifts (ex: 9am - 12pm or 12pm - 4pm).
- Mondays from 9am - 4pm
- Tuesdays from 9am - 12pm
- Wednesdays from 9am - 4pm
- Thursdays from 9am - 12pm
- 18 years or older
- Reliable, professional and hard working
- Ability to show kindness and compassion to everyone
- Pass initial screening process, including a background check
- Bilingual abilities are a plus
Alcohol, drugs, and smoking are not permitted at any Salvation Army facilities or volunteer sites.
Pants/shorts and a shirt with sleeves must cover the waist and fit comfortably. Transparent and tight-fitting clothes are not permitted. For your safety, closed toe shoes are required.
For your safety and the safety of others, you need to bring and wear a personal face covering over your nose and mouth while volunteering. You will also complete a brief health screening prior to volunteering.
Off-street parking is available.
If this volunteer opportunity seems like a match for your experience, skills, and interests, please click + Sign Up below, or the Fill in an Application button.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with The Salvation Army!
- Background Check
- What age category do you belong? Must be at least 18 or older