Family Support Volunteer
At Palliative Care South East volunteers are an integral part of our service and our team.
Trained in palliative care, volunteers provide support, assistance, companionship and understanding for clients, carers and families according to individual needs.
- Giving practical help such as shopping
- Providing companionship
- Providing opportunities for outings
- Helping with recreation and hobby activities
- Listening, reading to a client, sharing music, watching movies
- Preparation of light meals and drinks
- Just being there
Volunteers may provide help and relief for a carer, or they may provide companionship and practical support such as banking and shopping for a person who does not have a carer in the home.
Volunteers give their time freely and generally commit to a regular time each week or fortnight, depending on the individual need.