COVID-19 Volunteer Activities - Wednesday: Manage the Line During Food Distribution Volunteer
Wednesday: Manage the Line During Food Distribution
Join Catholic Charities at their Spanish Catholic Center location in DC to assist with the weekly food distribution. Now more than ever we need volunteers to assist our operations as more and more people in our community begin to rely upon local food donation centers to feed their families.
Volunteers who are screened and cleared will help SCC staff manage the line in assuring all clients picking up food are all keeping a safe 6 ft social distance.
As a precaution: Volunteers who wish to continue helping may return for a shift every 2 weeks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- 3 volunteers per shift will work with staff
- Must be Bi-lingual and speak fluent/proficient Spanish-English
- Volunteers will help manage the line, helping and reminding all clients to keep a safe 6ft social distance.
Safety measures to mitigate COVID-19:
- Register online for a shift
- Participate in phone health screening questions 24 hrs in advance and upon arrival.
- Bring "Travel Letter" in case needed.
- Wear mask or face cover --bring your own.
- Wear gloves--(provided onsite)
- Maintain physical distance.
- Follow staff/safety monitor's instructions.
- Schedule volunteer shifts at least 14 days apart.
Desired Skills and Characteristics:
- Helpful and cooperative and a calm demeanor.
- Able to stand for approximately 2 hrs.
- Able to speak Spanish-English (Fluent or Proficient).
- Have a strong, loud voice and not be afraid to use it.
- Able to command attention and direct people with confidence.
- Able to enforce physical distancing measures.
- Following CDC recommendations, we suggest all volunteers be between the ages of 18 and 65 years of age. High school students can participate if accompanied by an adult and they bring a Parent Guardian Waiver form.
- Volunteers MUST be fluently bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Volunteers MUST affirm:
- Are free from COVID-19 like symptoms, including allergy-induced coughing, for the last 14 days.
- Everyone in their household is free from COVID-19 symptoms.
- Followed the stay-at-home order for the last 14 days.
- Able to provide their own face cover or mask AND wear it for the duration of their volunteer shift.
- Spanish Catholic Center: 1618 Monroe St NW, Washington DC 20100
- Volunteers meet at the parking lot behind the building, access from Park Road
- VERY LIMITED street parking available near SCC. There is a paid public garage 4 blocks away at the Target on 14th st.
- Choose a shift:
- Shift 1: 8:30am - 10:30am (3 volunteers needed)
- Shift 2: 10:30am - 12:30pm (3 volunteers needed)
- Shift 3: 12:30pm - 2:00pm (3 volunteers needed)
- Volunteers may sign up for multiple shifts per day.
- Volunteers may return every 2 weeks.
This activity has the following schedule
|Date||Start Time||End Time|
|Wednesday, September 23, 2020||9:00 AM||11:00 AM|
|Wednesday, September 23, 2020||11:00 AM||2:00 PM|
|Wednesday, September 30, 2020||9:00 AM||11:00 AM|
|Wednesday, September 30, 2020||11:00 AM||2:00 PM|
|Wednesday, October 07, 2020||9:00 AM||11:00 AM|