CHARLESTON OUTDOOR FEST @JAMES ISLAND COUNTY PARK - On Water Safety
Patrol the JICP Lake to make sure that paddlers are wearing pfd’s/lifejackets properly, are wearing the appropriate wrist band that indicates they have registered and filled out a CCPRC Hold Harmless Form, and that paddlers are adhering to safe boating practices and being courteous to other paddlers. Offer assistance and/or rescue to those in need.
Volunteers will be on the water.
Safety conscious and competent paddler with rescue skills. Attention to detail and ability to tactfully enforce policies. Ability to lift 50 lbs.
Volunteer must have completed Annual On the Water Safety Training.
- Background Check
- Age range Must be at least 18 or older
- Comfortable interacting with the public and large crowds Must be at least Yes
- How much weight can you lift safely and comfortably? Must be at least 30 pounds or more
- On Water Safety Must be On Water Safety Training
- Willing to get wet and/or dirty Must be at least Yes