Swimming Pod Leader/Assistants provide support and assistance to participants of the Move More Open Water Swimming programme.
- Understanding and adhering to the Volunteer Code of Conduct, Risk Assessments and agreed Standard Operating Procedures for the swim programmes
- Managing the swim navigation of assessed routes – as provided on the day by the Jersey Sport Open Water Coaching staff running the session.
- Meet, greet, and onboard participants
- Work with the Jersey Sport coaches to offering a short pod briefing specific to your group and their ability, based around the main briefing given by staff e.g. how far they will be going, in what direction/to what landmarks, when you will pause to rest/regroup.
- Facilitating the social aspect of meeting to swim together
- Work with the on-water staff to always keep the group safe and together, responding to first aid incidents if necessary
- Reporting as / if necessary
- Suggesting new / alternative swim routes / locations to be worked up and risk assessed.