Wide Horizons Club - Wide Horizons Club Program Director
Wide Horizons, Inc. is looking for a program director who will help us lay the foundation for and launch our virtual Wide Horizons Club. The position will oversee the development and implementation of all aspects of the program—content, remote volunteer staffing, and launch. The program intent is to facilitate an inclusive and healthy experience with a sense of purpose and belonging for the young adult participants. This person will be a creative, hands-on leader who genuinely cares about the people we serve and our mission and values. The program director will report to the Director of Program Development and work closely with the Curriculum and Content Committee to align club activities with the overall EVOLVE Program Design.
- Collaborate with the team to build and grow this program.
- Maintain accurate records including attendance, incidents, and parent contact.
- Create a welcoming environment for participants and staff.
- Plan, develop, implement, and evaluate virtual social program and compile regular reports reflecting all activities, attendance, and participation.
- Assist in the development of annual budget. Control expenditures against budget.
- Plan and implement monthly activities and support schedules.
- Work with staff on special events and marketing efforts as needed.
- Exercise sound judgement when working with club participants, staff, and parents/sponsors.
Preferred skills, qualifications, attributes:
- College degree preferred.
- Demonstrated passion for working with the intellectually and developmentally disabled population (IDD).
- Ability to commit 3-5 hours per week towards program activities
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to recruit, train, supervise and motivate staff.
- Ability to deal effectively with IDD participants and deescalate undesirable situations.
Working knowledge of budget preparation, control and management.
- Background Check
- Are you willing to commit a minimum of 2 - 5 hours per week in your assigned role? Must be Yes
- By submitting this application you agree to abide by current CDC, County and local requirements regarding COVID-19 during volunteer activities? Must be I agree
- Do you have experience working with the Intellectually and Developmentally dis-ABLED Population? Must be Yes
- Do you have volunteer experience? Must be Yes