Community Outreach - Social Media Coordinator
We are looking for a Social Media Coordinator who will be responsible for:
- Work with the Board of Directors to develop Weekly Social Media Plans.
- Use Facebook, Instagram, YouTube & Twitter for publicity, volunteers, donation, and events.
- Participation in Committee development; complete team tasks with multiple assignments.
- Follow up on connections, information requests and instant messages.
- Brainstorm/ research opportunities for Team to be involved in Community events.
- Collect and administer post submissions for designated platforms.
- Help to recruit photographers to take part of organizational events and campaigns.
- Research presents opportunities for increasing online presence.
- Work with the Marketing committee to get the submission scheduled and posted
- Document all contacts, instructions, links and resources for standard process flow.
- Highlight / feature Wide Horizons, Inc. participants as the program gains momentum.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to study and understand non-profit organizations, programs, and funding requirements.
- Experience with multiple social media platforms e.g. page creation, posting, and administration.
- Basic knowledge of website design, development, and maintenance.
- Experience with creating newsletter, flyers, and
- Experience with promoting fundraising campaigns.
- Creative and passionate about brand development, photography, and social media campaigns.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Consistent and motivated
- Ability to manage and meet deadlines
- Access to a computer, webcam and internet
A successful Social Media Coordinator should work independently and virtually, to garner awareness, support and increase our online footprint across multiple platforms using innovative and viral social media campaigns mixed in with popular culture and a vibrant, forward-looking approach that mixes inclusiveness, and inventiveness, with a passion for inspiring others.
- Are you willing to commit a minimum of 2 - 5 hours per week in your assigned role? Must be Yes
- Do you agree to abide by current CDC, County and local requirements regarding COVID-19 during volunteer activities? Must be Yes