Social Services - Corps Volunteer
Be a part of serving the community by helping with general tasks at Belvidere Corps!
The Corps Volunteer will help to create a positive atmosphere at the corps community center. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Greeting and helping visitors
- Keeping building tidy
- Helping with food pantry preparation or distribution
- Handling paperwork
- Answering phones
- Assisting staff with special project
The Corps Volunteer can create their own schedule anytime Monday - Friday between 9am - 3pm.
- 18 years or older
- Enjoy working with people from diverse backgrounds
- Possess effective communication abilities
- Reliable, professional, and friendly
- Must be able to comfortably lift 20 pounds
- Pass initial screening process, including a background check
- Bilingual abilities are a plus
Alcohol, drugs, and smoking are not permitted at any Salvation Army facilities or volunteer sites.
Pants/shorts and a shirt with sleeves must cover the waist and fit comfortably. Transparent and tight-fitting clothes are not permitted. For your safety, closed toe shoes are required.
For your safety and the safety of others, you need to bring and wear a personal face covering over your nose and mouth while volunteering. You will also complete a brief health screening prior to volunteering.
Off-street parking is available.
If this volunteer opportunity seems like a match for your experience, skills, and interests, please click + Sign Up below, or the Fill in an Application button.
For additional questions, please contact Linda Merrow at firstname.lastname@example.org or 815-544-3892.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with The Salvation Army!
- Background Check