Special Events - School Supplies Distribution
Be a part of serving the community by distributing back to school supplies!
School Supplies Distribution volunteers will assist with giving families donated school supplies. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Greet families as they arrive
- Hand out pre-packed backpacks with school supplies
- Exercise caution during this drive through event
Volunteers are needed on Wednesday, August 11th from 9:30am - 12:00pm and 1:00pm - 3:00pm. If you would like to participate in this activity but are unavailable on Wednesday, August 11th, you may donate new or gently used school supplies to Belvidere Corps (422 S Main St. Belvidere, IL 61008) on or before August 11th.
- Possess a high energy level
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Moderate physical activity required
- Must enjoy working with people from diverse backgrounds
- Be reliable, friendly, and hard-working
- Pass initial screening process, including a background check, may be required
Alcohol, drugs, and smoking are not permitted at any Salvation Army facilities or volunteer sites.
Pants/shorts and a shirt with sleeves must cover the waist and fit comfortably. Transparent and tight-fitting clothes are not permitted. For your safety, closed toe shoes are required.
For your safety and the safety of others, you need to bring and wear a personal face covering over your nose and mouth while volunteering. You will also complete a brief health screening prior to volunteering.
Off-street parking is available.
If this volunteer opportunity seems like a match for your experience, skills, and interests, please click + Sign Up below, or the Fill in an Application button.
For additional questions, please contact Linda Merrow at (815) 544-3892 or Linda.Merrow@usc.salvationarmy.org
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with The Salvation Army!
- Background Check