Community Center Positions - Facilities Assistant
Help us keep our building clean during COVID-19!
Under the supervision of our Corps Officer the Facilities Assistant will help keep our location clean and tidy so we can continue to provide essential food pantry distribution to our community. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Keep the building clean and organized
- Disinfect, vacuum, and sweep
- Empty trash, maintain a tidy environment
- General cleaning tasks as needed
Time commitment and duration is flexible, but volunteers who are able to commit to a weekly schedule of 5 or more hours are preferred. Hours can be completed Monday-Friday from 9:00 to 4:00.
- 18-59 years old
- Must be able to comfortably lift 30lbs
- Reliable, professional and hard working
- Pass initial screening process
Alcohol, drugs and smoking are not permitted at any Salvation Army Facilities or volunteer site.
Clothing must be respectful as you will be representing The Salvation Army. Pants and shirts must cover the waistband. Tank tops, undershirts, halter tops, crop tops, spaghetti straps and strapless tops are not permitted. Shirts with print are not to be offensive. Transparent, tight or form fitting clothes are not permitted. Skirt/dresses must not be worn more than two inches above the knee.
*Off Street Parking is available.*
If this volunteer opportunity seems like a match for your experience, skills, and interests, please complete the online application by clicking the “Sign Up” button.
If you have additional questions please feel free to contact Cpt. Amanda Keene at firstname.lastname@example.org or 219-887-6588.
Thank you again for your interest in volunteering with The Salvation Army!
- Background Check
- How much can you lift comfortably? Must be at least 30 lbs.
- Safe From Harm Training Level Completed Must be at least Basic Mod 1-5
- What age category do you belong? Must be at least 18 or older