Libraries - Reader Leader (Hamworthy, Poole Central or Rossmore Library)
Purpose: Interested in enriching the lives of others through Shared Reading? An exciting opportunity has arisen to become a Volunteer Reader Leader at Poole Central Library, Rossmore Library and Hamworthy Library as part of a project between The Reader, 6 South West Library Services and Literature Works.
- Receive full training as Shared Reading practitioners
- Commit to holding a weekly Shared Reading group for six months
- Be passionate about reading and sharing great literature
- Enjoy promoting the group and recruiting new members
- Receive ongoing support from other volunteers, library staff
and Project Coordinators from The Reader
Location: Either Poole Central, Hamworthy or Rossmore Library
When: This opportunity is flexible and can be fit around your choice of a regular day. This is a great project where you are looking to a commitment of 6 months.
Benefits: Locations are easy to get to, a great experience that will look good on your CV, very sociable and reasonable expenses will be reimbursed.
If you are interested in this project please let us know at Culture Volunteers Poole by emailing email@example.com and we will pass your details onto the supervisor for this role (Emma Crago).