Group Volunteers assist Sutton Cultural Services in a number of ways by engaging with the public and promoting the activities and events that the service has to offer, (training will be offered for this role).
● Help promote the Libraries, Heritage and Arts Service’s activities and events by assisting at Open Days, Taster Sessions, Family Events, Children’s Activities, Volunteer Recruitment Events and Fun Days.
● Ensure that customers are aware of the services/activities available to them and are encouraged to participate and engage in those activities.
● Assist with the activities themselves - which can include set up of the activity, clearing away and assisting a staff member to run the activity and encourage customers to participate.
● Ensure that the activity/event runs in a safe and well managed way and assist staff with any health and safety procedures required for the event to take place.
● The ability to communicate with people of all ages and backgrounds
● A proactive and enthusiastic approach when meeting and welcoming customers to events
● An interest in local heritage, history or the library service and ensuring customers have access to the events/activities.
● A warm, polite and friendly manner
● Ability to be flexible as each activity/event will have individual specifics requirements to enable the event to take place. When: This role is flexible as the Library, Heritage and Arts activities and events will occur at different times within the year. Where: This role can take place at either our main Sutton Central Library, a branch library, one of our heritage sites or in a public space such as the High Street, parks etc as we aim to target our outreach and promotion of services to a wide selection of the community.
Benefits to you:
● Opportunity to develop skills in the field of community events and event organisation
● A chance to meet new people and make new friends
● Gain a sense of pride and satisfaction in assisting members of the local community
● Help to promote and add value to the Sutton Libraries, Heritage and Arts Service