Volunteer Rhymetime Assistant
Do you enjoy working with young children and families? Our Rhymetime Sessions encourage and develop interaction, language and listening skills in 0-3 year olds. We are looking for a volunteer who could help bring songs and rhymes to life for the children and encourage social and language skills. This is a fun and rewarding volunteering role.
- To support a member of our library team to set up the space and select the toys and books for the Rhymetime Session.
- This is a physical task which includes setting out 30 chairs and stacking them at the end of the session and also includes moving tables and lifting boxes of toys and equipment for the session.
- Support the Rhymetime leader to encourage the children and families to join in the activities and most importantly have fun.
- To learn the actions and words to a number of songs and rhymes to share with the Rhymetime participants.
- At the end of the session you would help out clearing the space as detailed above.
- The ability to engage with families and young children in a positive and friendly manner.
- The ability to learn a number of songs and actions to then share with others.
- A confident manner and the willingness to assist families and children.
- The willingness to help lift and carry toys and equipment to help set up and clear away the space for the session.
- Reliable and able to make a regular commitment to this weekly role.
When: Various times and dates available - to be agreed with the volunteer.
Where: Various libraries deliver this session - to be agreed with the volunteer.
Benefits to you :
- Opportunities to meet new people
- Learn new and enhance current skills working with young children
- Improve your CV and future job prospects;
- Gain a sense of pride and satisfaction from helping others in your local community