Grounds Management Volunteer
What you’ll do:
- Slash and burn activities such as clearing brambles
- Chopping back shrubs, bushes and small trees
- Building bonfires
- Mending and maintenance of footpaths
What you get from the role:
- Learn new skills
- Gain experience volunteering within a heritage environment
- Be part of a small friendly team of like-minded people
- Opportunity to share your knowledge and enthusiasm
- Join in with other activities at Hartlebury Castle, receive invitations to volunteers’ social events and keep up to date with news and information through the volunteer newsletter
- Have fun!
Skills you need
No specific gardening or grounds maintenance experience is required, volunteers just need enthusiasm and a willingness to take on a variety of tasks, sometimes on their own but mainly in small or larger groups.
- A moderate level of physical fitness is required
- A willingness to work outdoors in all weather!
Complete and return our Volunteer Application Form to the Volunteer Coordinator who will contact volunteers for a chat about the role. Volunteers will then be invited for an informal interview to discuss the role further. References will be requested as part of the application procedure but these may be personal references, and volunteers are encouraged to discuss any concerns they may have about this with the Volunteer Coordinator.
If you have any questions about volunteering for this role or would like to find out more about Hartlebury Castle contact: