Volunteer Role Description for Conservation Cleaning Volunteers
Purpose of the Role – To assist Hartlebury Castle with caring for the State Rooms, Bishop’s Palace, Chapel, and other historic rooms in the Castle as part of the Conservation Cleaning Team, conserving the beautiful furniture and paintings to preserve them for the enjoyment of future generations.
Tasks include – The main tasks will involve using specialist conservation cleaning equipment, such as conservation vacuum cleaners, hogs-hair brushes, and microfibre cloths, to keep the Castle free of the dust and dirt which is so harmful to historic objects and materials. This will include working as a team on each section of the Castle on a rotation basis, getting up close and personal with the collections on display.
Qualities and skills required -
- Enthusiasm for working as a team
- A moderate level of physical fitness
Time commitment – Average of one day per month
- To share your knowledge and enthusiasm
- To meet people
- To have fun
- To learn new skills
In return you will receive:
- Refreshments on the days you volunteer
- A 10% discount in the Museum Shop
- Training and support
- Annual social events, talks, and behind the scenes tours