Gardening volunteers play a key role in helping to keep our gardens beautiful, maintained, accessible and enjoyable for our visitors. They're central to achieving our vision of restoring the Castle gardens to their former glory, with the Carriage Circle reinstated and secret corners uncovered.
What you'll do:
- The main tasks include weeding, pruning, planting and watering
- Chat to our visitors about the work your're doing and our plans for the gardens
- Share your green-fingered expertise or your beginner's enthusiasm
- Coax our gardens - trees, shrubs and flowers - back to life
- Contribute ideas to how we can improve what we're doing
Where you'll be:
- In the gardens and grounds at Hartlebury Castle
- The gardening team meet regularly on Thursdays from 1 to 4pm.
- Gardening tasks are also available on Mondays between 10 and 3pm when the grounds team meets.
Skills you need:
- Enthusiasm for being outdoors in all weather
- Friendly and cheerful
- Able to work as part of a team
- Keen to share your knowledge or lean more about gardening
- Willing to chat to visitors and explain about the work that's being done
- A moderate level of physical fitness
What's in it for you:
- Welcoming and enjoyable volunteer experience
- Chance to become part of our friendly and dedicated team
- Opportunity to meet people from all walks of life and make new friends
- Chance to enjoy new experiences and learn new skills
- Opportunity to learn more about gardening skills and techniques
- Invitations to volunteer events and social activities
- Free entry to Hartlebury Castle and a 10% discount in the shop
- Free entry to the Commandery in Worcester
- Opportunity to do something different and have a bit of fun!
Training and support:
- New volunteers will be a given a tour of the grounds and an explanation of the work taking places
- There may be opportunities to take part in training sessions during the year
- You'll be offered a trial period followed by an induction, to feedback on your experience
- A Volunteer Handbook and Discount Card
- Mentor/buddy to shadow, to help you learn your role
- You'll be provided with a name badge to wear during shifts
- The dress code is outdoor, weatherproof clothes
- You'll be able to sign up to shifts and log your hours, both from home and on-site
- Contact email@example.com / 01299 250797
If you’re passionate about gardening, love being outdoors in all weathers, are friendly and cheerful and want to help Hartlebury Castle achieve our vision of having beautifully restored and maintained gardens then come and join us – we’ll be delighted to welcome you to the team!