NEWCASTLE - Flying Squad
As part of the Flying Squad, you'll play a crucial role in ensuring the Relay goes off without a hitch! You’ll be a helping hand to assist with any jobs that might need doing on the day – this might involve filling any gaps we have among the other volunteer teams or assisting with unexpected, ad hoc tasks as they arise. We may need your help at the muster point, the start/finish line or along the Relay route. If you’re a team player who is happy jump in and help in any way needed to ensure the Relay is a success, this is the role for you!
Your duties might include:
- Assisting with the set-up/pack down of the muster point and start/finish areas
- Assisting with Torch Bearer and volunteer check in
- Distributing food, water or uniform to Torch Bearers and volunteers
- Providing information and answering questions
- Helping with any ad hoc tasks that may arise
Is this role for you?
- Are you flexible, adaptable and willing to help wherever you’re needed?
- Are you a great problem solver, who can show initiative?
- Are you comfortable being on your feet for long periods?
- Are you comfortable lifting items up to 5kg?
- Do you have a valid driver’s licence? (preferred but not essential)