• Volunteer Program Statement of Purpose:
- To assist library staff in providing services.
- To provide life long learning opportunities for the community.
- To enrich the relationship between the Santa Cruz Public Library and the community.
• Your Steps to Becoming a Library Volunteer:
- Complete the online application. A Volunteer Office staff member will contact you with opportunities that fit best with your preferences and qualifications.Click the "SIGN UP" button at the top right of this page.
- Schedule and complete a short interview with Volunteer Office staff.
- Read and sign required paperwork. All volunteers are required to sign a release of liability, confidentiality agreement, and agreement of service (some opportunities require additional paperwork).
- Meet with the Person in Charge (or designated supervisor) at the branch.
- Receive site-specific orientation and training as needed.
All SCPL volunteers must be 14 years of age or older or accompanied by an adult guardian. Most volunteer opportunities require a minimum commitment of 4 months.