Board Service and Committees - Airdrie Meals on Wheels Society: Client Liaison (Board of Directors)
TITLE: CLIENT LIAISON (Director of the Board)
Objectives: Establish and maintain communication between clients, society and vendor.
- Heads Client Liaison Committee.
- Attends board meetings.
- Receives client referrals.
- Establishes & maintains direct communication with clients and/or family members.
- Completes the Client Assessment and Information form and ensures each client signs a release of information declaration.
- Maintains file for each client including number of meals received.
- At month end, informs the secretary and treasurer of the number of meals each client received the previous month.
- Recognizes clients’ birthdays.
- Ensures special requirements are communicated to meal vendor.
- Ensures vendor has schedule of clients’ meals.
- Reviews invoice with meal supplier monthly.
- Carries MOW cell phone to respond to calls as needed until 5:00 pm each day that meals are delivered.
- Places a “Guidelines for Clients” magnet on each client’s fridge.
- Caries out other duties as outlined in the MOW policies.
- Working knowledge of society bylaws, mission & objectives.
- Good record keeping skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to deal with clients’ queries and/or complaints.
- Ability to delegate.
Lines of communication:
- Reports to President and other board members.
- Direct communication with clients and/or family members.
- Direct communication with vendor.
Time commitment: Average of 15-20 hours per month.
- Gain experience in building and working with committees.
- Play a key role in shaping MOW’s future.
- Gain experience dealing with the public.
- Satisfaction of making a meaningful contribution to the community.
Name: Sonia Swenson