Airdrie 2020 Winter Games - Airdrie 2020 Winter Games-Culture Events and Activities Manager
Scope of Position
The Culture Events & Activities Manager will executive on coordinating the culture and events plan developed.
Term: Feb 2018 – Feb 2020
- Planning and organizing
- Networking and relationship building
- Resource and fiscal management
- Coordinate and liaise with key stakeholders to brainstorm and deliver local cultural activities before and during the winter games.
- Maintain and organize schedule; booking venue space and organizing with Culture Groups.
- Book and manage the pre-games activities; 2019 Canada Day Parade, Santa Claus Parade, Nose Creek Park, Festival of Lights, AirdrieFest, etc.
- Manage and oversee administration relating the Culture events; meeting minutes, booking meeting space, etc.
- Manage contributions and submission of Culture tracking to Games Manager.
- Contribute to the management of the Culture budget as it relates to Culture.
- Maintain communication with Chair, Culture Committee.
- Identify volunteers required for culture events/activities and communicate volunteer numbers to the Winter Games Volunteer Committee.
- Event management and coordination experience an asset.
- Strong organizational skills and planning skills.
- Experience working with and managing volunteers.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft applications.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Previous experience planning culture events an asset.
- Ability to take on responsibility and use initiative to prioritize and work effectively, under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Innovative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computers and peripherals.
- Sitting, walking and standing for extended periods of time.
- High-stress, fast paced environment.