Board Service and Committees - Airdrie Meals on Wheels Society: Treasurer
TITLE: TREASURER (Society Officer, Director of the Board)
Objectives: To develop and monitor the society’s financial operations.
- Attends board meetings.
- Informs secretary of any outstanding balance on client’s accounts at each month end.
- Picks up mail (minimum once a week).
- Prepares Society budget along with other officers.
- Prepares income/expense statements for board meetings.
- Performs bank deposits/keeps and balances synoptic of all transactions.
- Issues cheques to pay all bills / reimburse volunteers.
- Prepares books for annual audit.
- Prepares statement of MOW financial position for annual meeting.
- Prepares charitable and G.S.T. returns for Federal Government.
- Records donations and sends thank you cards and receipts.
- Prepares society’s annual return for Province of Alberta Registry.
- Prepares Veteran Affairs forms for clients’ signature and re-imbursement.
- Carries out other duties as outlined in the MOW policies.
- Issues appreciation gift cards, bi-annually, to volunteers.
- Working knowledge of society bylaws, mission & objectives.
- Good math skills / good with numbers.
- Comfortable doing accounting and balancing cheque books.
- A good knowledge of accounting practices and MS Excel
- A conscientious attitude and an ability to adhere to strict deadlines.
Lines of communication: Reports to President and other board members.
Time commitment: Average of 20 hours per month.
- Gain experience in building and working with committees.
- Play a key role in shaping MOW’s future.
- Opportunity to network on different levels.
- Improve meeting management skills.
- Gain experience that can be used on the job
- Gain the satisfaction of making a meaningful contribution to the community.
Name: Sonia Swenson