Community Events and Festivals - Philippine Independence Day Celebration of Airdrie: Event Volunteers
120th PHILIPPINE INDEPENDENCE DAY CELEBRATION OF AIRDRIE
VOLUNTEER ROLES AND DESCRIPTION
Before the event:
- Office Volunteers - Help with packet preparation, mailings, phone calls, distributing materials, copies, etc. Shift times vary upon project needs and volunteer availability.
- Notifying the route – A few weeks before the event volunteers armed with flyers hit the streets to notify homes and businesses along the route that the Festival is coming soon. The aim is to inform, educate and garner support for the Festival. Get out there, and take advantage of the weather but don’t forget your sun block!
- Set-Up Team – Assists with setting up the Festival site at Nose Creek Regional Park the Friday and Saturday before the event. Set up time will vary on each day.
Sunday June 10th 2018
- Welcome Team – Groups of two equipped with a site map and a list of frequently asked questions welcome walkers, help answer questions and direct participants, to their next station.
- Event Flow Team - The event flow team is set up at various “busy” locations at the opening Ceremonies in order to keep people moving and avoid crowding.
- Parade Team - Assists Walkers with finding their stations, registration packets, and direct parade participant. Assist in Parade route set up. Act as liaison between parade participants and event organizer
- Sponsorship and Exhibitors Team – Assists Sponsors and exhibitors with registration, to find their booth, and act as liaison between them and event organizer.
- Games and Entertainment Team – Assists with games, registration, assist participants and set up of game zone.
- Event Logistics Team – Set up and tear down. Assist all other teams with zones and designated area concerns. Overall floorplan and logistics supervision
- Donations Processing Team – Assists with any donationsVolunteer Check-In/Check-Out Team – Check Volunteers in for their shifts upon arrival, assist with directing them to where they should go based on their position and checks them out upon their departure. Also maintains the atmosphere of the Volunteer tent.
- Strike Team – Assist in packing up/tear down
YOUR NEXT STEPS:
1. Call the Event Coordinator at 416-894-2386 for clarification or more detail on any team.
2. Complete and return your assignment form on OR email your choices to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Wait for your assignment confirmation (assignments will be emailed unless otherwise requested).
Name: Corazon Chivinda