Seniors & Disabled Befriending & Companionship - Airdrie Hospice- Palliative Care Companion
Position Description: Volunteer with Airdrie & District Hospice Society Home visitor Program.
The volunteer will assist the Board and or Staff in promoting patient comfort and provide
enrichment services for patients, caregivers and families in their homes.
• Empathetic, warm, caring and practical individuals with above average listening and
• Trustworthy and able to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team
• Mature and sensitive to needs of patient and their families
• Demonstrates initiative, self-motivated and flexible
• Clear interest in working with palliative patients and their families and willingness to participate
in ongoing education related to palliative care
• True commitment towards helping others through the spirit of volunteerism
• Respectful of cultural diversity and beliefs
• Completion of ADHS Palliative Care Training or comparable training.
Each volunteer must set up a mutually agreed visit time with their client/caregiver and ideally
have a consistent schedule.
Location of Opportunity: Airdrie and District
Duration: Long-term, Ongoing (6+ months) Certification or
Education Required: Volunteer will require Police Clearance with Vulnerable sector, Training and Policy Guidelines will be provided for this role.
Required Skills: Caring Individual with excellent listening and communication skills, Interest in working with a wide demographic of adults and individuals with terminal illnesses. Must be friendly, outgoing & willing to try something new
Contact Information: email@example.com
- Age Requirement Must be at least 18+ Required
- Criminal Record Clearance by RCMP Must be I will complete a Criminal Record Check, if necessary.