Counselling/Listening - Airdrie and District Hospice Society: Palliative Care Companion
Palliative Care Companion
Organization: Airdrie and District Hospice Society
Position Description: Volunteer with Airdrie & District Hospice Society Home visitor Program.
The volunteer will assist the Board and or Staff in promoting patient comfort and provide enrichment services for patients, caregivers and families in their homes.
• Empathetic, warm, caring and practical individuals with above average listening and communication skills
• Trustworthy and able to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team
• Mature and sensitive to needs of patient and their families
• Demonstrates initiative, self-motivated and flexible
• Clear interest in working with palliative patients and their families and willingness to participate in ongoing education related to palliative care
• True commitment towards helping others through the spirit of volunteerism
• Respectful of cultural diversity and beliefs
• Completion of ADHS Palliative Care Training or comparable training.
Each volunteer must set up a mutually agreed visit time with their client/caregiver and ideally have a consistent schedule. Contact Information: email@example.com Location of Opportunity: Airdrie and District Duration: Long-term, Ongoing (6+ months) Certification or Education Required: Volunteer will require Police Clearance with Vulnerable sector, Training and Policy Guidelines will be provided for this role. Required Skills: Caring Individual with excellent listening and communication skills, Interest in working with a wide demographic of adults and individuals with terminal illnesses. Must be friendly, outgoing & willing to try something new
Contact: Angela Martel