Community Support - Make a Wish: Wish Granter
We are looking for a responsible adult to be a Wish Grantor. Under the direction of the Wish Granting Coordinator, the Wish Grantor will deliver quality wishes in a timely manner to eligible children referred to the Make-A-Wish Southern Alberta chapter.
Activities and Responsibilities:
- Meet the wish child and their family in a timely manner and discover the child`s most heartfelt wish.
- Fulfil all aspects of wish granting process in a timely manner by means of a fun and creative process.
- Work cooperatively with other wish grantors, staff, and vendors where applicable.
- Ensure all necessary paperwork is completed and delivered to the MAW office in a timely fashion, including thank-you notes, in-kind donation forms, etc.
- Keep the best interest of the child and Foundation in mind when interacting with difficult people, keeping in accordance with all policies.
- Actively seek in-kind donations for wish items needed to grant a wish.
- Continually update MAWSA office on progress made during the fulfilling of a wish—remember communication is the key to a successful wish experience for everyone involved!
- Offer suggestions on how to improve the process.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong communication skills, especially with children
- Compassion and non-judgmental attitude
- Available to make and receive calls during daytime hours and in emergencies.
- Available to attend evening and weekend appointments and meetings
- Ability to be resourceful and creative
- Have access to a vehicle
- Detail oriented
Contact: April Cote