Board Service and Committees - Airdrie Meals on Wheels - Media and Public Relations Officer
PUBLIC RELATIONS (Director of the Board)
Liaison between MOW and community / Ambassador for MOW
• Head Public Relations committee.
• Attend board meetings.
• Research potential locations and events for promotional material.
• Promote awareness of MOW through the distribution of promotional. material and media releases with the board of director's approval.
• Create and maintain a record of contact information for future solicitation.
• Create MOW annually newsletter.
• Carry out other duties as outlined in the MOW policies.
• Working knowledge of society bylaws, mission & objectives.
• Good record-keeping skills.
• Charismatic individual with strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to delegate.
Lines of communication:
• Reporting to President and other board members.
• Direct communication with business representatives and members of the community.
Time commitment: Average of 10 hours per month.
• Gain experience in building and working with committees.
• Play a key role in shaping MOW’s future.
• Gain experience dealing with the public.
• The satisfaction of making a meaningful contribution to the community.
- Age Requirement Must be at least 18+ Required