Community Support - Alberta Hospice - Grief Connector Mentor
You’re Not Alone – Grief Connection Mentor
Alberta Hospice Palliative Care Association (AHPCA) is looking for volunteers (mentors) to join our new program. We believe no one should face grief alone, and this program will offer support to those who are grieving throughout Alberta. As a mentor, you will be the friendly voice on the other end of the phone letting your matched individual (participant) know they have support during a difficult time.
Can you answer “yes” to all these questions?
· Have you suffered a personal loss and are now ready to support others going through this journey?
· Can you listen without counselling or advising?
· Are you aware of personal boundaries?
· Can you maintain confidentiality?
· Are you non-judgmental and empathetic?
· Are you willing to ask for help if you have questions or concerns?
If you have answered “yes”, we are looking for someone just like you!
· Good oral and written English skills
· An individual over the age of 18
· A police reference check
· Two references
· Ability to attend training and orientation (either via Zoom or in person)
· Willing to commit to a weekly telephone call with the participant
· Because of the training involved, we would like all mentors to commit to one year with the program
Why should you volunteer?
· Flexible schedule
· Volunteer from home
· Know you are making a difference in the life of someone who is grieving
· 1 hour per week for 12 months
If this looks like the position for you, please contact Betty George at 403 208 4208 or email email@example.com to discuss further.
- Age Requirement Must be at least 18+ Required
- Criminal Record Clearance by RCMP Must be I have completed a Criminal Record Check within the past 6 months.