Board Service and Committees - Airdrie Winter Games Society- Friends of the Games Director
Scope of Position
The Airdrie 2020 Alberta Winter Games Society is seeking a Director, Friends of the Games Manager to assist in community and corporate engagement for the 2020 Airdrie Alberta Winter Games Society. The Friends of the Games Director creates and implements a strategic approach to fundraising which includes major gifts, corporate donations, grant solicitation, and in-kind resources that support the needs of Airdrie 2020 Alberta Winter Games Society.
This role encompasses the full fundraising cycle including prospect identification, research, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship. Activities include, but are not limited to, donor solicitation and writing grant applications, funding proposals, and stewardship reports.
This role will also oversee a volunteer team to assist in delivering community fundraising initiatives, sponsorship activations and donor stewardship before and during the Games.
- Identify and develop corporate, community and individual prospects for the organization's fundraising priorities.
- Identify and develop a strategic fund development plan based on the organizations’ timelines ensuring ethical fundraising principles.
- Lead the grant writing process by gathering all relevant information required for each grant and complete applications as per the grantee’s direction.
- Oversee the planning and execution of special fundraising events as specified in the fund development plan to generate funds for the organization.
- Oversee a volunteer committee for stewardship activities and events that are used to steward current donors and sponsors.
- Expand community awareness and support revenue growth through arranging community displays and speaking engagements – schools, community groups.
- Develop strategies to strengthen business/community relationships to support fundraising opportunities and increasing Airdrie 2020’s community presence.
- Minimum three years progressive experience in fund development in a not for profit setting.
- Be self-motivated and goal oriented.
- Experience and demonstrated success in event management and hands on implementation of successful fundraising events.
- Knowledge and understanding of CRA regulations for societies, specifically surrounding tax receipting, data collection, and privacy.
- Ability to deal with donors, sponsors and the public, in person, on the phone and through email.
- Demonstrated experience in identifying, soliciting, and stewarding individual donors.
- Experience in developing and working with volunteer boards.
- Confident public speaker with the ability to engage donors, volunteers and community organizations.
- Superior communications, interpersonal, writing and organization skills.
- Established relationships with Airdrie and area business community an asset.
- Certified Fund-Raising Executive (CFRE) designation or certificate in Fundraising Management is an asset.
Experience & Term
- 3 to 5 years of fundraising experience
- Sept 2018 to March 2020
- Expected hours per month: 10
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computers and peripherals.
- Walking and standing for extended periods of time.
- Occasional heavy lifting between 10 lbs to 30 lbs.
- Ability to work in a loud environment.
- High-stress, fast paced environment.