Canadian Red Cross - Reception and Administrative Support Volunteer
Region: Edmonton, AB
Application deadline: December 31, 2019
The Volunteer Receptionist is responsible to assist in the management of the reception area in which the primary focus is to provide switchboard and reception customer service. It is a first point of contact to the Canadian Red Cross Edmonton office for staff, volunteers, deliveries and members of the public. This position will also assist in other administrative duties as required.
- Responds to general inquiries; provides information and directs the incoming calls to appropriate departments, programs or other agencies
- Greets and directs customers, clients, deliveries to appropriate department or program
- Graciously accepts donations to the Society in person, and issues general non-tax receipts
- Assists in maintaining the security of building
- Maintains reception area in a clean and orderly fashion
- Receives packages, letters, parcels etc. and signs for deliveries when necessary
- Performs other administrative duties as required
- Operates a multi-line telephone switchboard console; answers all incoming telephone calls and routes to appropriate person or department; responds to inquiries; provides information and/or refers caller to other Red Cross offices or agencies as required
- Represents the Society in a professional manner by providing efficient management of all incoming telephone calls to the regional office
Integrates volunteer resources within the scope of responsibilities, as required.
Participates in disaster planning, preparation and response, as required.
Contributes to a healthy and safe working environment.
Performs other duties, as required.
- Strong communication skills in English required
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to deal with staff, public and clients required
- Proficiency in computer skills/Microsoft Office an asset
- Excellent telephone manner and skills required; experience operating a multi-line switchboard an asset
- Experience working with a diverse population an asset
- This position requires a satisfactory Canadian criminal record check
- Understand and support the Fundamental Principles of the Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement
- Commit for a minimum of six months
- 1 or more shifts(1/2 day) per week during the regular office hours from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
TRAINING & ORIENTATION
- Completion of online training (provided) - Intro to the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and Intro to Volunteerism
- On site orientation and training related to reception, administrative and volunteer activities
- Enhance work skills and gain experience
Interested applicants please APPLY HERE.
- Age Requirement Must be at least 18+ Required
- Criminal Record Clearance by RCMP Must be I will complete a Criminal Record Check, if necessary.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel Must be Yes
- First Aid Must be I have a valid First Aid Certificate
- Length of Service Must be at least 6 Month Term