Board Service and Committees - Airdrie Meals on Wheels - Director at Large
DIRECTOR AT LARGE (Director of the Board)
Assists with all aspects of MOW operations.
Attends board meetings.
Temporarily takes on the duties of an absent board member.
Carries out other duties as outlined in the MOW policies.
Is a member of the nominating committee
Reviews and updates the Policy and Procedures Manual and the Volunteer Handbook, with input from other board members, every two years.
• Working knowledge of society bylaws, mission & objectives.
• Diverse abilities and interests.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to delegate.
Lines of communication:
• Reports to President and other board members.
• Communicates directly with business representatives, members of the community, vendors and volunteers.
Time commitment: Average of 3 -10 hours per month.
• Gain experience in building and working with committees.
• Play a key role in shaping MOW’s future.
• Gain experience dealing with the public.
• Gain the satisfaction of making a meaningful contribution to the community.
- Age Requirement Must be at least 18+ Required