Board Service and Committees - Airdrie Winter Games Society- Culture Project, Manager
Scope of Position
The Culture Project Manager will execute on the performing arts plan developed by the Culture Committee.
Term: Feb 2018 – Feb 2020
- Planning and organizing
- Networking and relationship building
- Resource and fiscal management
- Manage Culture 2020 passport creation and implementation: Culture “2020 Culture Passport” – provide a culture “Passport” to be stamped at various activities or events that are happening in the City during the Games weekend. The intent would be to ensure visitors and citizens know what is going on in the city and to keep them here to experience as many cultural events as possible.
- Manage and oversee administration relating the Culture events; meeting minutes, booking meeting space, etc.
- Manage contributions and submission of Culture tracking to Games Manager.
- Contribute to the management of the Culture budget as it relates to Culture.
- Lead and be the main point for Communications Team, assisting with creation of a Culture communications. Collaborate with Culture Events & Activities and Performing Arts Managers’, ensuring all activities and organizations are represented.
- Maintain communication with Chair, Culture Committee.
- Project management experience an asset.
- Strong organizational skills and planning skills.
- Experience working with and managing volunteers.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft applications.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to take on responsibility and use initiative to prioritize and work effectively, under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Innovative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computers and peripherals.
- Sitting walking and standing for extended periods of time.
- High-stress, fast paced environment.