Community Support - Airdrie Meals on Wheels- Delivery Driver
TITLE: VOLUNTEER DRIVER
Objectives: Deliver prepared meals to client’s homes.
• Deliver meals in a pleasant, courteous manner.
• Pick-up of meals on time is imperative.
• Notify MOW in advance if unable to make a scheduled delivery.
• Consider all client information gained by volunteer as confidential.
• Assume total responsibility for driving infractions while delivering.
• Forward to MOW any gift or gratuity of money.
• Record time, mileage and number of meals delivered.
• Follow policy and procedure of what to do if client doesn’t answer
• Working knowledge of Society’s mission & objectives.
• Over 18 years of age, with valid driving license and clean driving record.
• Own or have use of vehicle with proper liability insurance.
• Have sufficient master of English both written and verbal.
• Have strong interpersonal skills.
• Have submitted recent security check issued by RCMP.
Lines of communication: • Report to and receive direction from volunteer coordinator.
Time commitment: Average of 8 hours per month for months available.
Benefits: • Gain experience dealing with the public.
• Satisfaction of making a meaningful contribution to the community.
Name: Sonia Swenson
- Age Requirement Must be at least 18+ Required
- Criminal Record Clearance by RCMP Must be I will complete a Criminal Record Check, if necessary.
- Have a vehicle Must be Yes
- Valid Driver's License Must be Yes