Board Service and Committees - Airdrie Meals on Wheels Society: Director at Large
TITLE: DIRECTOR AT LARGE (Director of the Board)
Objectives: Assists with all aspects of MOW operations.
- Attends board meetings.
- Temporarily takes on the duties of an absent board member.
- Carries out other duties as outlined in the MOW policies.
- Is a member of the nominating committee
- Reviews and updates the Policy and Procedures Manual and the Volunteer Handbook, with input from other board members, every two years.
- Working knowledge of society bylaws, mission & objectives.
- Diverse abilities and interests.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to delegate.
Lines of communication:
- Reports to President and other board members.
- Communicates directly with business representatives, members of the community, vendors and volunteers.
Time commitment: Average of 3 -10 hours per month.
- Gain experience in building and working with committees.
- Play a key role in shaping MOW’s future.
- Gain experience dealing with the public.
- Gain the satisfaction of making a meaningful contribution to the community.
Name: Sonia Swenson