Administrative/Office Work - Airdrie Chamber of Commerce: Administrative Assistant Volunteer
POSITION: Administrative Assistant Volunteer
The Administrative Assistant position provides administrative and record keeping support to the Airdrie Chamber of Commerce. This position requires an individual who possesses excellent organizational skills and the disposition to work well with other chamber staff, chamber members and the public. The position reports to the Executive Director of the Chamber of Commerce for direction, training, questions or explanation concerning the work and chamber policy.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Compile and assemble information for new member packages and sends information to prospective members.
- Perform general clerical duties including photocopying, scanning, filing, faxing, shredding and mailing.
- Manage office supplies and inventory.
- Post events on community websites.
- Update the Chamber’s social media channels as required.
Skills and Requirements:
- Possess a positive, engaging outlook.
- Handle a myriad of details and follow-up items.
- Communicate clearly & professionally.
- Possess outstanding organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Handle interruptions and changing situations.
- Work harmoniously, enthusiastically and cooperatively.
- Accomplish tasks both independently and with direction.
- Maintain the highest degree of confidentiality.
- On the job training will be provided by the Executive Director and/or Events Manager.
- A regular commitment of 2-3 hours weekly during office hours (Mon- Fri: 9:00am - 4:00pm) is required.
To apply: email your interest to Marie Lauer, Executive Director: firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 403-948-4412.