Homework Club Coach
Help local students reach academic success at the library and foster their ability to succeed in school.
How You Will Make a Difference
Homework Club Coaches will help young students with their homework in a range of subjects - reading, writing, math, social studies, and science. Watch their confidence grow as they master their homework at the library.
Volunteers are needed to:
- Coach students in groups of one to four
- Assist with enrichment activities with those students who have completed their homework
- Assist with administrative tasks such as record keeping
- Encourages lifelong learning to community youth
- Connect with your community and provide a desired service
- Share or gain experience with program management skills
- Develop mentoring skills
- Learn ways to coach, promote learning, and refine teaching skills
Homework Club Coaches need to commit to 2 hours per week, for a 6-month duration. Volunteer are needed September 14th - December 15th, 2022 and January 11th through May 25th 2023. There will be pre-start of Homework Club training in early September, 2022 as well as additional trainings throughout the year as needed. There are planned breaks from Homework Club at Thanksgiving, Winter Holiday Break, and other major Federal Holidays.
Prospective volunteers should:
- Complete Homework Club Volunteer Training
- Have experience or interest in working with youth
- Have strong oral communication skills
- Be dependable, patient, and flexible
- Complete a fingerprint background check, at no cost to you. Only required if you are 18 years or older
- Bilingual skills are highly desired, but not required