Gallery Attendants are the public face of the Biennale and as such you become ambassadors for BIFB. As the first point of contact for visitors to our exhibitions, your key role is to provide a positive visitor experience. Duties will likely include:
- opening/closing the exhibition space according to venue instructions
- greeting visitors & assisting with information about the exhibition, BIFB & or Ballarat
- keeping a record of visitor numbers for your shift and/or ticket scanning
- being a visible presence within the exhibition space & monitoring the security of art works
- reporting any artwork or exhibition infrastructure issues
- responding to & reporting incidents should they occur
Please note that you may be required to working independently at some exhibition venues.