The Together Through Loss: Rural Ambassador Program is ideal for individuals in rural communities who have a desire to make a difference in the lives of those navigating infertility, miscarriage, stillbirth, Termination for Medical Reasons (TFMR), and neonatal loss.
Our Together Through Loss Ambassadors play an important role in offering peer connection to those experiencing loss in rural areas. In this volunteer role, you will be helping to implement, coordinate and lead a monthly informal social connections group in your local community.
Ambassadors will receive:
- Full training (offered twice annually)
- Opportunities to help develop skills and experience in communications
- Community building
- Leadership development
Participants will have the opportunity to make new connections while building a local network and developing a sense of belonging.
- Total commitment time of 6 months (with option to continue)
- Attend one 3 hour training session and complete online training modules. Please note: the 3 hour training sessions are offered twice a year in January and in August
- 2 hours each month to host a social connections group in your local community at a venue of your choice
- Attend two check in meetings every 6 months with fellow Ambassadors and PILSC Leadership team