Virtual Volunteer Community Connector - Wales
Location – virtual, home-based, flexible location
Are you a good listener and clear communicator?
Could you inspire a person we support to discover their passions and make positive steps in their life?
We are looking for enthusiastic volunteers to help support the Community Connector Project, an exciting new project which aims to help the people we support to follow their passions, in order to help build new friendships and combat loneliness.
Previous experience of working or supporting someone with a learning disability and/or autism would be an advantage, but is not essential.
This is a virtual role, so your location can be flexible.
Activities will include:
- Having virtual one-to-one sessions with a person we support and their support worker(s)
- Helping a person we support to discover their passions, hobbies, and interests
- Recording this information in line with Dimensions company policies (including GDPR)
- Liaising with support workers and managers to feed back this information
- Liaising with the community mapper volunteer to relay information and signpost the person we support to local groups, activities and services that might be of interest.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Has access to and is comfortable with using IT, including using video calling technology eg Microsoft Teams
- Patient and a good listener
- Friendly, chatty and open-minded
- Reliable/dependable and willing to commit to volunteer regularly (exact times/days can be discussed)
- Able to adapt themselves to deal with different situations as they arise for eg communication
A DBS check and two character references will be required for this role.
How Dimensions is managing Covid-19
We confirm we have complied with the Welsh government guidance on managing the risk of COVID-19.
We would like to assure applicants and new starters that Dimensions is taking all possible steps to minimise risks to volunteers and colleagues during the coronavirus pandemic.
What you’ll gain from being a Dimensions volunteer:
Dimensions provides support for around 3,500 people with learning disabilities and autism across the UK.
We help people to live more independently and be involved in their local communities.
Our volunteers play a vital role in our work and in return, we support them with:
- Free online training (with access to 800 plus courses)
- Free membership to an online shopping discount scheme
- Comprehensive support from professional, friendly and trained Dimensions staff
- An opportunity to gain real experience in the social care sector
If you’d like to be a Dimensions volunteer, we’d love to hear from you!