Virtual Volunteer Community Mapper - Wales
Location – virtual, home-based, flexible location
Are you good with IT and navigating the world of social media?
Would you enjoy helping others to become more connected within their local community?
We are looking for media-savvy volunteers to help with identifying and creating a directory of learning disability friendly events, social clubs and general activities and organisations across Wales.
This is part of an exciting new project called Community Connectors, which aims to help the people we support to follow their passions in order to help create new friendships and combat loneliness.
Activities will include:
- Researching and creating an accessible directory of information
- Post and engage with members of the Dimensions Wales Facebook group (eg sharing learning disability and autism friendly events/activities).
- Network with relevant existing community social media groups
- Liaising with the Volunteering Officer and Marketing team
- Liaising with other volunteers and support workers during this project.
We're looking for someone who:
- Is confident with IT and using social media effectively
- Is friendly and a good listener
- Comfortable chatting with people with learning disabilities and autism
- Willing to commit to volunteer regularly
A character reference and photo ID check will be required for this role.
How Dimensions is managing Covid-19
We confirm we have complied with the Welsh government guidance on managing the risk of COVID-19.
We would like to assure applicants and new starters that Dimensions is taking all possible steps to minimise risks to volunteers and colleagues during the coronavirus pandemic.
What you’ll gain from being a Dimensions volunteer:
Dimensions provides support for around 3,500 people with learning disabilities and autism across the UK.
We help people to live more independently and be involved in their local communities.
Our volunteers play a vital role in our work and in return, we support them with:
- Free certificated training (with access to 800 plus courses)
- Free membership to an online shopping discount scheme
- Comprehensive support from professional, friendly and trained Dimensions staff
- An opportunity to gain real experience in the social care sector
If you’d like to be a Dimensions volunteer, we’d love to hear from you!