Virtual Volunteer Gaming Buddy
Location – virtual, home-based, flexible location
Are you a gaming fanatic? Do you enjoy playing with others?
'Jamile' loves gaming and technology and is looking for some fellow gamers to play different games with and talk all things tech!
As a volunteer buddy, you would be making a positive impact by helping 'Jamile' to interact with more people and make new friends, whilst sharing his passion and interests with others.
This is a virtual role, so your location can be flexible. However, if you are based locally in Cardiff, there may be opportunities for face-to-face volunteering at a later stage, once lockdown restrictions have lifted and it is safe to do so.
Activities will include:
- Getting to know 'Jamile' and the types of games he enjoys
- Showing 'Jamile' how to play different games
- Playing games together online on a regular basis (eg once a week would be ideal)
- Chatting about programming/gaming/technology
- Once lockdown restrictions are lifted, if based in Cardiff: Visiting 'Jamile' to play games together
We are looking for volunteers who are:
- A fan of console gaming
- Interested in all things to do with technology
- Friendly, patient and a good listener
- Comfortable chatting with people with learning disabilities and/or autism
- Reliable/dependable and willing to commit to volunteer regularly (eg once a week would be ideal)
A DBS check and two character references will be required for this role.
How Dimensions is managing Covid-19
We confirm we have complied with the Welsh government guidance on managing the risk of COVID-19.
We would like to assure applicants and new starters that Dimensions is taking all possible steps to minimise risks to volunteers and colleagues during the coronavirus pandemic.
What you’ll gain from being a Dimensions volunteer:
Dimensions provides support for around 3,500 people with learning disabilities and autism across the UK.
We help people to live more independently and be involved in their local communities.
Our volunteers play a vital role in our work and in return, we support them with:
- Free online training (with access to 800 plus courses)
- Free membership to an online shopping discount scheme
- Comprehensive support from professional, friendly and trained Dimensions staff
- An opportunity to gain real experience in the social care sector
If you’d like to be a Dimensions volunteer, we’d love to hear from you!