Virtual Health and Exercise Volunteer
Virtual, home-based, flexible location
Do you have a background in health and fitness?
Would you like to create fun exercise videos for the people we support to enjoy?
Health and wellbeing is more important than ever and many of the people we support are keen to find new ways to keep fit and healthy!
We are looking for enthusiastic volunteers to create short videos for the people we support to join along with via our YouTube channel.
The videos can cover anything from yoga to chair aerobics, which will appeal to a wide range of abilities.
This role will allow you to showcase your creativity, develop your communication and IT skills, as well as contribute towards healthy lifestyles.
Activities will include:
- Creating at least one video to share with the people we support
- Sharing your understanding and knowledge of different kinds of exercises, for example dance, chair aerobics, yoga and low impact exercises
- Following our supplied guidelines to capture good quality video
We are looking for volunteers who are:
- Skilled and have good knowledge of health and exercise
- Comfortable/confident with recording themselves
- Able to record videos on a video/DSLR camera or good quality mobile phone
- Able to bring new forms of exercise to the people we support
- Dynamic and personable, with clear communication skills
- Happy to consent for their video(s) to be uploaded to the Dimensions YouTube channel (online consent form to be completed)
A character reference and photo ID check will be required for this role.
How Dimensions is managing Covid-19
We confirm we have complied with the government guidance on managing the risk of COVID-19.
We would like to assure applicants and new starters that Dimensions is taking all possible steps to minimise risks to volunteers and colleagues during the coronavirus pandemic.
What you’ll gain from being a Dimensions volunteer:
Dimensions provides support for around 3,500 people with learning disabilities and autism across the UK.
We help people to live more independently and be involved in their local communities.
Our volunteers play a vital role in our work and in return, we support them with:
- Free certificated training (with access to 800 plus courses)
- Free membership to an online shopping discount scheme
- Comprehensive support from professional, friendly and trained Dimensions staff
- An opportunity to gain real experience in the social care sector
Want to apply for this role?
If you’d like to be a Dimensions volunteer, we’d love to hear from you!