Fundraising - Promoting and Supporting Events
To provide a wide range of practical support to the Community Fundraising and Education Teams with events throughout the year.
Events Support Volunteers provide a wide range of support, including some or all of the following:
- Distributing or putting up posters to promote Hospice fundraising events
- Providing practical support at Hospice fundraising events, such as Midnight Walk or the Ashridge Garden Party. This might include marshalling car parking, marshalling walkers, putting up signs before an event or taking them down afterwards, selling tickets, manning a stand or making refreshments.
- Ringing up those who have signed up to take part in Hospice fundraising events, to check they are getting sponsorship, they have enough information about the Hospice, do they need any more support from us, etc.
Skills / Qualifications:
- Depends on what the volunteer can offer, and what is required by the Community Fundraising Team. Generally, willingness to help and the ability to make a commitment to turn up when you say you will is all that is required!
Any other information:
- Training will be provided as needed; support will be given by the Community Fundraising Team.
- The Hospice can pay travelling expenses, but these must be agreed in advance.
- All volunteers agree to work within Hospice policies and procedure, within the Hospice Philosophy and to respect the Hospice policy on confidentiality around patient, internal Hospice, and commercial matters.