ParkCare Ranger Assist - Campground Host- Cotter Campground
Due to the current COVID-19 Pandemic, the Environment Planning and Sustainable Development Directorate, including the ACT Parks and Conservation Service will be halting all external community and volunteer activities for a period of 6 months (until 19 September 2020).
Because of this, the campground host volunteer program will not be running until further notice.
If people and the environment are your passion, why not combine the two in a Campground Host opportunity with ACT Parks and Conservation Service this coming school holidays.
You’ll be based at the Cotter Campground where you’ll assist the steady flow of overnight visitors enjoy their stay. Hand out a brochure, have a fireside chat, assist a ranger with a guided activity and participate in other day-to-day activities of a busy campground.
We would require you to be onsite for mandatory hours of 7am to 10am, and 4pm to 7pm.
While volunteering at the campground you have the option to stay in the Volunteer Hut or in your own camp setup. Our volunteer hut is furnished with:
- Double bed and a two single beds (bunk).
- Deck area with BBQ
You will need (or have the capacity to apply for) a working with vulnerable people card. We suggest you volunteer in a block of minimum 3, or 5-7 days.
If you’re interested or want to find out more information, please contact the Murrumbidgee Depot on 02 6207 2425 or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are on-going as the Campground Host programs runs most school holiday periods.
- to see a short video about the campground: https://vimeo.com/155735759
- about being a host: https://www.environment.act.gov.au/parks-conservation/parks-and-reserves/get-involved/campground-hosts
- to our web page about the Campground: https://www.environment.act.gov.au/parks-conservation/parks-and-reserves/find-a-park/murrumbidgee-river-corridor/cotter-campground
- to find out about the working with vulnerable people: https://www.accesscanberra.act.gov.au/app/answers/detail/a_id/1804/~/working-with-vulnerable-people-(wwvp)-registration
*Please note that you will need to make contact with the Ranger in order to be nominated to Volunteer. Booking in dates in the volunteer calendar for this opportunity, does not automatically mean that you will volunteer.*