ParkCare Ranger Assist - Campground Host- Cotter Campground
If people and the environment are your passion, why not combine the two in a Campground Host opportunity with ACT Parks and Conservation Service this coming school holidays.
You’ll be based at the Cotter Campground where you’ll assist the steady flow of overnight visitors enjoy their stay. Hand out a brochure, have a fireside chat, assist a ranger with a guided activity and participate in other day-to-day activities of a busy campground.
We would require you to be onsite for mandatory hours of 7am to 10am, and 4pm to 7pm.
While volunteering at the campground you have the option to stay in the Volunteer Hut or in your own camp setup. Our volunteer hut is furnished with:
- Double bed and a two single beds (bunk).
- Deck area with BBQ
You will need (or have the capacity to apply for) a working with vulnerable people card. We suggest you volunteer in a block of minimum 3, or 5-7 days.
If you’re interested or want to find out more information, please contact the Murrumbidgee Depot on 02 6207 2425 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The dates available for the coming summer school holidays are Friday 20th December to Sunday 2nd February 2019.
Applications are on-going as the Campground Host programs runs most school holiday periods.
- to see a short video about the campground: https://vimeo.com/155735759
- about being a host: https://www.environment.act.gov.au/parks-conservation/parks-and-reserves/get-involved/campground-hosts
- to our web page about the Campground: https://www.environment.act.gov.au/parks-conservation/parks-and-reserves/find-a-park/murrumbidgee-river-corridor/cotter-campground
- to find out about the working with vulnerable people: https://www.accesscanberra.act.gov.au/app/answers/detail/a_id/1804/~/working-with-vulnerable-people-(wwvp)-registration
The next 10 shifts (out of 46 total shifts) for this activity are as follows
|Date||Start Time||End Time|
|Friday, December 20, 2019||7:00 AM||7:00 PM|
|Saturday, December 21, 2019||7:00 AM||7:00 PM|
|Sunday, December 22, 2019||7:00 AM||7:00 PM|
|Monday, December 23, 2019||7:00 AM||7:00 PM|
|Tuesday, December 24, 2019||7:00 AM||7:00 PM|
|Wednesday, December 25, 2019||7:00 AM||7:00 PM|
|Thursday, December 26, 2019||7:00 AM||7:00 PM|
|Friday, December 27, 2019||7:00 AM||7:00 PM|
|Saturday, December 28, 2019||7:00 AM||7:00 PM|
|Sunday, December 29, 2019||7:00 AM||7:00 PM|