ParkCare Ranger Assist - Campground Host- Cotter Campground or Woods Reserve
If people and the environment are your passion, why not combine the two in a Campground Host opportunity with ACT Parks and Conservation Service.
You’ll be based at either the Cotter Campground or Woods Reserve where you’ll assist the steady flow of overnight visitors enjoy their stay. Hand out a brochure, have a fireside chat, assist a ranger with a guided activity or participate in other day-to-day activities of a busy campground.
You will need (or have the capacity to apply for) a working with vulnerable people card and complete a self-disclosure form. We suggest you volunteer in a block of 4-5 days.
If you’re interested or want to find out more information, please contact the Murrumbidgee Depot on 02 6207 2425 or email #EPSDDPCSMRC@act.gov.au
The dates available are 21 December 2018 to 24 January 2019.
Applications are on-going as the Campground Host programs runs most school holiday period.
- to a short video about the campground: https://vimeo.com/155735759
- about being a host: https://www.environment.act.gov.au/parks-conservation/parks-and-reserves/get-involved/campground-hosts
- to our web page about the Campground: https://www.environment.act.gov.au/parks-conservation/parks-and-reserves/find-a-park/murrumbidgee-river-corridor/cotter-campground
- to find out about the working with vulnerable people: https://www.accesscanberra.act.gov.au/app/answers/detail/a_id/1804/~/working-with-vulnerable-people-(wwvp)-registration
- Working with Vulnerable People Check Must be Current